There was face-painting done expertly by a team of helpers, decorating cup-cakes and Zumba sessions. Some of own enterprising Year 11 students had made their pieces of jewellery that they were selling to donate the proceeds to Save the Children. Our Raffle continued with some thrilling prizes from meals for 2 at some of best restaurants in Castelldefels, T-shirts and tops, an initiation session with the Cable Park at the Canal, a party for 20 children, birthday cake for 15 people, to boxes of coffee capsules. There was a wonderful stall organised by El Café de la Mirta selling scrumptious cupcakes and pieces of different types of cakes to try.
Mrs Serra, After School Co-ordinator and Head of Pastoral and Enriched Curriculum Years 7-11, is very grateful to all children and their families who came and joined in the fun. She also greatly appreciates staff, students and friends, as without their help it would be impossible to hold an event like this. The Secondary Fundraising Society, led by Flavia in Year 11, enjoyed organising the Raffle on the BSB Rambla and encouraging Primary children and their parents to participate. Pila Ramírez was also amazing with her relentless enthusiasm in this event. She was able to find a multitude of different sponsors for our Raffle prizes.
However, our donation for Save the Children is not only from this event but from some individual efforts on part of our students out of school. Some of our students have organised a Sponsored Silence, a sponsored basketball match, baking and selling cakes to the teachers, washing cars for their neighbours and sponsoring a family hill walk at the weekend.
As a school we really appreciate all the hard work and effort that everyone has made to help us collect our donation of over 3,500 euros for Save the Children.
A big THANKS to our sponsors:
- Olympic Canal of Catalunya, Castelldefels
- Big Singing – Song lessons, Castelldefels
- El Café de la Mirta, Sant Cugat, Barcelona
- Castelldefels City Council, Sports
- Spriz Restaurant, Castelldefels
- Fosbury Restaurant, Castelldefels
- El Marítimo Restaurant – Club Marítimo, Castelldefels
- La Iguana beach bar, Castelldefels, Sitges & Gavà Mar
- Granvia Mar Sports Club, Castelldefels
- Rock & Run, trail running children school, Castelldefels
- Fincas Mediterranea, Castelldefels
- Festa a Mida, Sitges
- OCP Olimpic Cable Park, Castelldefels