During Cognita’s Global Education Leadership Conference 2018, the Sitges campus of The British School of Barcelona was awarded the “Most Supported by Parents” award as the most improved winner of all Cognita schools worldwide. This award category recognises excellence in being distinctive so that families choose to stay at our schools. It also ties in particularly to the emphasis on community within the Cognita Way.
Mrs Bell presented the award to the parents and expressed her gratitude to each and every one who had participated in the Voice of the Parent survey. Mrs Bell took the opportunity to celebrate the strong and supportive relationships across the BSB Sitges community and their positive impact on children’s attitudes to learning.
The Cognita O-Wards recognise the schools and their leaders who have demonstrated exemplary performance, leadership and educational excellence in the last 12 months. You can view the full list of winners here.
“Preparing Our Students for the Future”
Entitled “Preparing Our Students for the Future”, this year the Conference focused on the key themes of student mental health & wellbeing and student leadership. During an extremely busy week, Cognita school leaders from all over the world reflected our purpose to create an inspiring world of education through building self-belief and empowering individuals to succeed.
As well as playing host to some truly inspiring external speakers, our own school leaders led sessions on the theme of mental health & wellbeing, sharing expertise on topics as wide-ranging as the impact of food, positive education and solidarity projects.
One of the key sessions in the Conference’s agenda was the visit of over one hundred delegates to The British School of Barcelona. The morning of Wednesday, 10th October, was our opportunity to showcase the major developments and many achievements of the school. Linking to the main themes of the conference, the visitors were treated with many inspirational presentations from our students and teaching staff in all of our campuses. The feedback could not have been more positive:
- “It was such a privilege to visit The British School of Barcelona Sitges. Thank you to all the staff and pupils and in particular to the year 6 ambassadors who were our guides.”
- “An amazing morning at The British School of Barcelona Sitges. Such passionate staff and pupils, thank you for welcoming Cognita Schools Heads into your school today and sharing your practice with us.“
- “Wonderful representatives of BSB Castelldefels. Fantastic day at BSB. We are all proud of students and staff at our schools in Barcelona.”
- “Congratulations to all our colleagues from The British School of Barcelona. It was such an amazing visit. Fantastic things happening across our Cognita Schools.“
- “Thanks to all The British School of Barcelona for hosting today. Wonderful students and educators in a beautiful setting. Excited to explore ways of connecting our students and our colleagues.“
- “Thank you to The British School of Barcelona for hosting this morning. What a welcoming and lovely school.”
- “A superb and inspirational morning at The British School of Barcelona. Huge thanks for the programme and also to your fantastic pupils!”
- “An absolute pleasure to have been toured by this amazing, articulate and confident Y6 pupil today The British School of Barcelona Sitges. So proud of his school and such a fabulous ambassador.”
- “I had a fabulous time at your school this morning. Excellent leadership from Benjamin. What a truly fabulous school BSB Sitges is! Thank you to everyone for hosting us all.”