One of the best way to showcase the work done by our Year 12 students throughout this school year as part of their CAS subject (Creativity, Activity, Service) was to hold a Celebration Assembly.
This Assembly was an opportunity to recognise the creative ways in which our students were bringing local, national and international communities together while gaining valuable experiences for their future. Starting from Language Assistance to MUN & HMCE government role-play events and the fund-raising orientated CAS Committee, our Year 12 students have been involved in more than 10 projects this year.
“We are a diverse community made of caring people who are happy to dedicate their time and effort to give back something positive to their communities”, was one of the messages we could take away from Mr Petrie’s, Head of Secondary and Pre-University, opening speech.
Bea Gutierrez, coordinator of Malayaka House, who came all the way from Uganda to personally award certificates to our students, invited them to always stay the way they are: open-hearted, caring, hard-working and dedicated to community work.
A great event to celebrate a fantastic year!
2018-2019 CAS Highlights
- PINK-OUT Day to raise awareness about breast cancer
- Remembrance Day
- MUN (Model United Nations) debating conferences:
- BCN MUN
- New York MUN
- April MUN
- CAS Committee organisation of events:
- Festive Collection
- Malayaka House fund-raisers:
- #friendsofmalayaka bracelet
- BSB Sponsored Walk
- BSB International Summer Fair
- BSB Sitges Tea Party
- Secondary Societies
- Sports Leaders
- DoE International Award – Silver
- Harvard Model Congress Europe (HMCE) 2019
- NEXT Magazine, issues 1 and 2
- Language Assistance Programme
- Drama Performance: “Girls Like That”