This list is a most selective independent ranking in which more than 1,000 schools are evaluated against 27 exhaustive criteria of excellence, which include educational model, facilities and resources.
This means that several quality-assurance indicators have been taken into account when evaluating BSB, including the provision of an all-through education, official examinations results and university entrance, accreditations & inspection reports, quality standards, teaching staff, languages taught, ICT and Science resources, provision of learning support, sports facilities, co-curricular and after-school activities, medical service, nutrition and school transport, among others.
This year El Mundo expressed an special interest in understanding how our international school was able to manage the COVID-19 pandemic for the smooth reopening after lockdown and the 2020-2021 academic year.
Our comprehenseive report this year placed emphasis on:
- Our first priority to provide excellent wellbeing care and support for our students and staff
- Our key focus was to provide continuous learning for our students
- The adoption of the necessary safety protocols and measures to minimise risk to our students and staff
- Our driving principle we constantly seek to develop ourselves by celebrating our successes and reflecting on how we can further enhance our students’ learning journey
- Our programme of 1-to-1 devices and EdTech as a significant innovation to help students learn how to use technology seamlessly to support their learning and develop their digital fluency; a constantly evolving and developing area at BSB.
We would like to thank everyone involved in the BSB community who make this possible every year.
We are proud to share that other five Cognita schools in Spain have also been shortlisted in this ranking: Hastings School and The English Montessori School (TEMS) in Madrid, British School of Valencia and El Limonar International School Murcia also as Best International Schools, and Colegio Europeo de Madrid (CEM) as a Remarkable School in Spain.