For a third year running, the students of The British School of Barcelona have demonstrated superb resilience and have achieved record examination results at A Level, IB and GCSE. Through a combination of hard work from the students, expert guidance from their teachers and great support from their families, our students have achieved the highest results ever in the history of BSB!
Obviously this has been another exceptionally challenging year with students being assessed with a combination of terminal examinations and in school assessments. Despite this, students have responded brilliantly gaining results that have sent the vast majority to their University destinations of choice.
As an inclusive school we pride ourselves on offering an equal chance of success for all of our students, regardless of their starting points. Our value added analysis demonstrates that our students are genuinely exceeding expectations by gaining, on average, a whole grade higher than forecast across all of their subjects. This performance places BSB amongst the top 1% of schools in terms of added value.
Examination results highlights at GCSE:
- 28% of grades were awarded at 9
- 64% of grades were awarded 7 to 9 (A*-A)
- 99% of students obtained five or more 4 to 9 grades (A*-C)
Examination results highlights at A Level:
- 63% of grades were awarded at A*-A
- 82% of grades were awarded A*-B
- 100% success for our largest ever IB contingent
- Average Point Score 33.5 (29.9 World Average) – Setting a new school record
- 3 students scoring 40+ points across all their subjects
Well done to everyone who has worked so hard to obtain such excellent grades. Many congratulations to all the students and best of luck for their exciting futures.