Further to the recent accreditation of The British School of Barcelona as an Outstanding School in every Category as the result of the inspection as a British School Overseas in October 2021, we are delighted to announce that the COBIS Membership and Accreditation Committee has awarded BSB Accredited Member (BSO) status. This decision has been ratified by the COBIS Board.
BSB has been an accredited member of COBIS since 2017. COBIS is the largest premier global association for British schools overseas, committed to school improvement, safeguarding, and supporting members and the wider sector. COBIS membership opens up a wealth of benefits for our whole school community: From CPD and professional development to student competitions and world-leading quality assurance:
- Quality professional learning for school leaders, governors, teachers and support staff
- Global and regional online networking opportunities to share your school’s best practice with like-minded professionals
- Opportunities for our students to participate in a wide range of COBIS competitions, awards and activities and forge global friendships across the COBIS network
- Access to professional development training
- Representation with the British Government, educational bodies and the corporate sector
- World-leading quality assurance through our Patron’s Accreditation and Compliance scheme
On behalf of BSB and COBIS, we would like to congratulate our BSB Community on this excellent achievement.
BSB, Outstanding British School Overseas in every Category
Being rated as an “Outstanding School in every Category” following our latest the British School Overseas inspection is the highest recognition that an international educational centre can receive and grades BSB as one of the best British schools in the world.
The inspection report released by Penta International, an independent inspectorate body accredited by the English Department for Education (DfE), highlights the quality of education provided, the strong sense of community among staff, students and families, and the global educational standards of the school.
This achievement places BSB as the only school in Catalunya to have gained this prestigious accreditation. Only four other schools in mainland Spain are currently recognised as outstanding by BSO.