The British School of Barcelona and the Real Club Golf El Prat (RCGP) have reached an agreement to share their facilities, sports activities, and educational offer to benefit parents who are searching for an outstanding education for their children both inside and outside the classroom.
Thanks to this new partnership, BSB and RCGP are organising a series of activities this month which will allow the members of the Club to find out more about the BSB curriculum and facilities, and to BSB families to get to know the prestigious Golf Club.
The first events will take place on Saturday, 19th March. BSB will be offering an informative talk to all interested families of the RCGP, and afterwards the Club will run a golf initiation Clinic for all BSB families to enjoy.
On Thursday, 31st March, there will be an open morning for RCGP members at BSB City, our new campus in Sarrià-Sant Gervasi.
These actions are aimed at helping families to get first-hand insight into the two institutions. In addition, the childcare service of the Club will be reinforced with the workshops in English that BSB will also organise in the coming months.
Ariana Martín, General Manager of the Real Club de Golf El Prat said: “We are delighted that a top international school like BSB trusts our Club as a golf reference in the city of Barcelona.”
Jon Locke, Executive Principal of BSB, also stated: “We welcome the opportunity to be able to form a partnership with such a prestigious club as the Real Club de Golf El Prat and we look forward to making sure this benefits our respective communities.”
Finally, there is the possibility of organising a Summer Golf Campus fully in English, a perfect combination of language and sports learning near the city of Barcelona.
This agreement is one more example of how Barcelona companies can join forces to find synergies and manage to cover the needs of a common audience.
About the Real Club de Golf El Prat
- Among the large number of tournaments organised at El Prat, there are competitions such as the Audi Tournament, Audemars Piguet Tournament, or internationally amateur championships such as the Barcelona Championship or the Kings’s Cup that can only be played in high-level courses as the Real Club de Golf El Prat.
- Dating back to 1912, Real Club de Golf El Prat is one of the most renowned clubs in Spain and was granted ‘Real’ or royal status by King Alfonso XIII after his visit.
- The renowned club has hosted the Spanish Open on 10 occasions: 1956, 1959, 1963, 1971, 1978, 1981, 1998, 1999, 2011, and 2015.
- The current 45 holes were designed by Greg Norman over an exciting mix of three highly acclaimed courses: the Pink — highly positioned in the most trusted and authoritative international rankings — Yellow and Green.
- It is listed Top20 by Golf World magazine’s coveted ‘Top 100 Resorts in Continental Europe’ rankings and also by National Club Golfer’s ‘Top 100 Golf Resorts in Continental Europe’.
- The multi-award-winning El Prat was recently named as one of the 125 Platinum Clubs of the World — Five Star Private Club, as well as being granted the Golden Plaque of the Royal Order of Sporting Merit.
- It has played host to more than 250 top-level national and international championships, including European Tour events, with top stars of the calibre of Sergio Garcia, Miguel Ángel Jiménez, José María Olazábal and Tommy Fleetwood taking part.
- The club has hosted some of the biggest names in golf, with Spanish legends Severiano Ballesteros and José Maria Olazábal, eight-time Major winner Tom Watson and European Ryder Cup captain Thomas Bjørn among its roll call of previous winners, while Masters champion Sergio Garcia and Pablo Larrazábal are both members.