ACADEMIC YEAR 2020-2021
As part of the global Cognita family of schools, at The British School of Barcelona we are taking our responsibilities very seriously and are adhering to the guidance of the Ministry of Health and local governments in Spain.
The health and safety of our pupils, families and staff is our top priority. We follow all official COVID-19-related sanitary guidelines and strict hygienic protocols to ensure a safe learning environment.
CLEANING & PERSONAL HYGIENE
- Premises are disinfected daily.
- Some equipment and areas and objects (such as door handles) are cleaned more frequently.
- All children and adults wash their hands thoroughly several times a day.
- Good personal hygiene is taught and reinforced daily.
- Hand-washing facilities and an alcohol-based hand gel are accessible at all times.
- Face masks are used within buildings for older Primary, Secondary and Pre-University students.
- School lunches are staggered over longer time periods to allow for social distancing and cleaning.
- Access to school buildings for parents and visitors is restricted.
- Class sizes in some cases have been temporarily reduced.
- Younger students spend the school day in class groups and mix less with other students.
- The PE curriculum has been altered to reduce physical contact and allow for more individual exercise.
- Across school, there is less paper used and more sharing of homework and group activities through Microsoft Teams and the Seesaw platform.
During the lockdown period, we developed a wide Online teaching & learning programme where taking care of our school community wellbeing was especially relevant. We are back in school and available onsite. Nevertheless we keep offering virtual online visits to our school for families willing to stay at home.