Pre-University Education takes place at BSB Nexus, our purpose-built campus for students aged 16 to 18.
Our educational model at this stage aims to prepare students for the real world in an environment that allows them to develop 21st century skills, through learning techniques that encourage creativity and innovation, resilience, lifelong learning and unlearning for continuous growth.
All students as part of the Pre-University programme are given opportunities to build their University Applications by gaining the relevant experience and qualifications in:
- Academic extended writing:
- Extended Essay (EE) for IBDP students
- Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) for A Levels students
- Experiential learning through Creativity, Activity, Service (CAS) projects for all students (both IBDP and A Levels ), such as International Award (Silver), Language Assistance Programme, MUN and HMCE debating experiences, Event and Project management, Fundraising Volunteering, Drama Project, among manu other CAS projects
- Critical thinking thorugh Theory of Knowledge (TOK) subject for IBDP students
- Life and independence skills and personal and social skills through PSHE for all students
Careers & Futures Guidance
The students of The British School of Barcelona go on to universities and careers throughout the world and our specialist advisors work with individuals to create their personal pathway. We support the students through information, advice and guidance to enable them to make informed choices about their onward educational journey.
Students are guided through the different stages of the application process and provided with all the relevant school documentation to complete this. This includes our hosting of an annual University Fair, the successful ´What Next´ Careers event with speakers from a variety of industries and many presentations from prestigious universities/colleges from around the world.
We continue to develop our careers programme in line with the Eight Benchmarks set by the Gatsby Benchmark Guidance report.