BSB Scholarship for Excellence
The BSB Scholarship for Excellence rewards all-round excellence as reflected in pupils’ academic and/or personal ambition, independence of thought and learning, enthusiasm to work beyond the syllabus and/or commitment to co-curricular activities.
Every year The British School offer a scholarship to two of our current pupils, which covers 25% of the tuition fees over two years.
Applicants’ academic record, personal qualities, cultural interests, participation in the school community and other extra-curricular activities will all be considered when awarding the scholarship. Particular focus will also be placed on the ways in which a potential scholar believes they could improve student engagement and development during their two years in the Pre-University programme.
Upon receiving the reward scholars will be expected to act as student role models for the whole school, and to take an active role in school events through the year, leading the Pre-University council when called upon, supporting new and potential students, and liaising with the Head of Year 13 to communicate current student interests and help develop a balanced learning community.
To apply for the scholarship, internal applicants must meet the following conditions and requirements:
- Take part in a panel interview that will focus on the wider curriculum and your participation in extra-curricular activities in school.
- Make a 5-minute presentation to Year 12 and 13 students on a topic of global relevance.
- Present the following documents:
- An academic reference from the school
- Copies of two most recent reports from the current school
- Proof of the grades at the end of Year 11 (4º ESO)
- Evidence of external interests and achievements
- A completed application form
The hard copy of the application for the scholarship should be submitted by email to Mr Musson, Head of Year 13, at email@example.com by Friday, 14th September 2019.
Students will be interviewed in the week of the 16th September 2019.
Scholarship applicants’ 5-minute presentations will be made in assembly during the week beginning on Monday, 23rd September 2019.
The scholarship will be awarded in assembly on Friday, 4th October 2019.