Next Week's Events
Switch between tabs to see events relevant to your child’s Year group
Parents Welcome to events highlighted in red
— If using a mobile device, turn it sideways for better readability —
|Fri||29.09.17||EY Family Friday||3pm||EY Classroom|
|Mon||25.09.17||Y5 Parents Information Meeting||4.15pm||Y5 Classroom|
|Wed||27.09.17||Y6 Parents Information Meeting||4.15pm||Y6 Classroom|
|Thu||28.09.17||Y6 Ghost Walking Tour of Barcelona||All day||Barcelona (arrive at school at normal time)|
|Fri||29.09.17||Y5 Forest School||Morning||Local area|
- Primary Swimming Lessons – Please remember that this term children will receive swimming lessons as part of their Physical Education. Please ensure that your child brings a swimming costume and a towel on the relevant day. Children should wear their normal school uniform rather than their P.E kit on swimming days, goggles and pool shoes (crocs or flip-flops are ideal).
- New SMS System – We are now entering the final trial stage to get this communication tool up and running. For notification of absences and delays only. Make sure we have your most updated mobile number. In order to do so, log in onto your Parents Portal account and check the My Details section. If you need to make any changes, please fill in the form.
- Helmets ON! For safety, please make sure that all children riding bikes or scooters to and from school wear their helmet on!
> Check the NEW HEALTH & SAFETY section below regularly for important reminders regarding our students’ well-being.
- Plastic Bottle Top collection – Thank you all for collaborating! As of October 2017, we will be no longer collecting plastic bottle tops in school. If you wish to contribute to this cause, please check AMIS website to find out the nearest collection venues.
And in 2 Weeks… Save these Dates!
- Year 1-6 Open Classrooms start next Tuesday, 3rd October, 8.45-9am. Remember that every Tuesday you are invited to come into your child’s classroom and see their work during the week.
- Thursday, 5th October – Headteacher’s Welcome Meeting for All Parents. Choose the time that suits you best: 4.30pm or 7pm. Simultaneous translation will be available.
- Allergies – Please remember that at BSB have a nut policy as we have pupils with severe allergies. Since our aim is to reduce the presence of nuts in school, may we ask all parents to not allow nuts or products containing nuts (including sesame snacks) in any form into school bags, lunches or snacks. Thank you for your support.
- Glass Containers – Please remember that no student children should bring in any food or drink in glass containers.
- Safe Driving – Please do not attempt to drive around the bollards which block the top of Passeig Acàcies in the mornings or drive on the pavement outside our school as this puts our children at significant risk. These measures are meant to protect our children from traffic as they walk to school. Thank you for your collaboration.
- Safe Riding – Helmets ON! – If your child rides a bike or scooter to and from school, please ensure that s/he acts responsibly (especially on busy main roads), wears a helmet for safety reasons and is visible to other road users.
Documents ready to download:
- School Calendar of Events – 2017-2018 Autumn Term
- After- School Activities Booklet – 2017-2018 Autumn Term
- School Menus – September 2017
- Parents Portal User’s Guide
- BSB App User’s Guide
- New Arrivals Meeting Presentation September 2017
- School Uniform Guidelines 2017-2018
Click here to log in.
- Families Transferring from BSB Castelldefels to BSB Sitges: You have to create a new Portal account for the new campus
- Families with students in both campuses: You need an account for each campus
Check our new Parents Portal User’s Guide
For Portal Support, contact us at email@example.com
Latest BSB News
All Year 10 Students to Enjoy The International Award
The International Award (or The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award) is here to stay! With 10-years of history, a team of 16 devoted staff and more than 250 students trained by now, the BSB is taking The Award to the extra mile this year.