Next Week's Events
Switch between tabs to see events relevant to your child’s Year group Parents Welcome to events highlighted in red
— If using a mobile device, turn it sideways for better readability —
Y1-10 First Cross Country Competition (Jocs Escolars)
Check the email that we have sent you for exact times per Year group and registration for the race
The race number and instructions on the day are also on this email.
Please complete the form and return to Miss Edge (Primary) or Mr Cross (Secondary) by Tuesday, 17th October
|From 10am||Parc de la Muntanyeta, Castelldefels|
|Tue||17.10.17||Y1-2 Open Classroom|
and Y3 Orange Open Classroom
and Y3 Orange Classroom
|Marketing Photo Session|
See note below*
|All day||EY & Primary Areas|
|Wed||18.10.17||Y3-4 Open Classroom|
(Note that Y3 Orange is on Tuesday)
|Y4 BSB InterHouse Competition|
Meet at the gate in Passeig Pitort (top of the poli, next to the GranVia Mar Sports Club carpark entrance)
|EY & KS1 Parents Workshop: “Phonics & Early reading Skills”|
More information and registrations here
|Thu||19.10.17||Y5-6 Open Classroom||8.45-9.10am||Y5-6 Classrooms|
|Mon||16.10.17||Y12 2nd Spanish University Access Information Meeting||5.15pm||BSB Theatre|
|Wed||18.10.17||Marketing Photo Session|
See note below*
|All day||Secondary & Pre-U Areas|
1st dose Hepatitis A (all)
Bring the vaccination card
|Y13 Parent-Teacher Meetings|
Click here to book your meetings
|Fri||20.10.17||Y11 & 12 Universities Visit|
Imperial College London, University College London, King’s College London & University of Essex
- Consultation and Engagement Events 2017-2018 – As recently announced by the Headteacher, we are soon to launch an exciting programme of events for the Autumn and Spring Term, which we hope will substantially improve our engagement with the parent community. We will be seeking your opinion and your participation!
In the meantime, please be assured that we are at your disposal for any query, suggestion or complaint at any time. You can contact us through our Parents’ Support Form on the website or send a direct email to the Headteacher, the Head of EY & Primary, the Head of Secondary & Pre-U, the Heads of Key Stage or your child’s tutor. For non-teaching-related queries (menus, uniform, transport, customer service…), you can contact Mr Rognoni, Head of Commerce and Community.
- New Downloads on Portal – Year 6 parents: If you could not attend the Information Meeting about the Trip to UK this week, you can now download the presentation from the Parents’ Portal. See Portal section below.
And in 2 Weeks… Save these Dates!
- Monday, 23rd October – School Photos – These are the annual school photos of individual students and classes, which you will have an option to purchase if you wish. Please make sure your child looks at their best this day as these are good memories which last a lifetime
- Monday, 23rd October – Bromley High School Jazz, Orchestra & Choir Visit Years 3-6 at 3pm – Come along if you would like to listen to a high-quality selection of Jazz standards!
- Wednesday, 25th October & Thursday, 26th October – Reception (25th) and Nursery (26th) Parent-Teachers Meetings (2-6pm) – The online booking will be open on Monday, 16th October. Please book your meetings through the portal.
- Thursday, 26th October – Parents Workshop: “Handwriting” – More information and registrations here
- Allergies – Please remember that at BSB have a nut policy as we have pupils with severe allergies. Since our aim is to reduce the presence of nuts in school, may we ask all parents to not allow nuts or products containing nuts (including sesame snacks) in any form into school bags, lunches or snacks. Thank you for your support.
- Glass Containers – Please remember that no student children should bring in any food or drink in glass containers.
- Safe Parking – For the safety of both children and adults, make sure you do not park on the zebra crossings in Ginesta street. This reduces visibility for car drivers and makes crossing extremely dangerous especially at the end of after-school activities when it gets dark.
- Safe Riding – Helmets ON! – If your child rides a bike or scooter to and from school, please ensure that s/he acts responsibly (especially on busy main roads), wears a helmet for safety reasons and is visible to other road users.
New this week!
- Year 6 Information Meeting about Trip to UK – October 2017
Other documents also available:
- School Calendar of Events – 2017-2018 Autumn Term
- Parents Portal User’s Guide
- BSB App User’s Guide
- School Uniform Guidelines 2017-2018
- School Menus – October 2017 (including Meriendas)
- All the Information Meetings Presentations taking place in September 2017 (remember that you will only be able to see those relevant to your child’s Year Group)
- Headteacher’s Welcome Meeting – October 2017
Click here to log in.
- Families Transferring from BSB Sitges to BSB Castelldefels: You have to create a new Portal account for the new campus
- Families with students in both campuses: You need an account for each campus
Check our new Parents Portal User’s Guide
For Portal Support, contact us at email@example.com.