Next Week's Events
Switch between tabs to see events relevant to your child’s Year group
Parents Welcome to events highlighted in red
— If using a mobile device, turn it sideways for better readability —
To see specific events for Early Years or for Primary, please switch between tabs
Parents Welcome to events highlighted in red
|Mon||16.10.17||The Daily Mile starts
Pilot test with Year 6
|Marketing Photo Session
See note below*
|All day||EY & Primary Areas|
|Tue||17.10.17||Y1-6 Open Classroom||8.45-9am||Y1-6 Classrooms|
|Wed||18.10.17||Reception & Y1-6 Parents Workshop: “Reading with your Child”
More information and registrations here
|Thu||19.10.17||Y6 UK Trip Information Meeting||4.15pm||Phase 3 Information Area|
|Fri||20.10.17||Y5 Forest School||Morning||Local area|
|Sat||21.10.17||Y1-6 First Cross Country Competition (Jocs Escolars)
Check the email that we have sent you for exact times per Year group and registration for the race
The race number and instructions on the day are also on this email
Please complete the form and return to Mr McLachlan or the school Reception by Tuesday, 17th October
|From 10am||Parc de la Muntanyeta, Castelldefels|
|Sun||22.10.17||Y2-6 3rd Handball Tournament
We have sent you an email about this. Please complete the form and return to Mr McLachlan or the school Reception by Monday, 16th October
|From 9am||Club Handbol Ribes, Pavelló de Ribes|
Marketing Photo Session: The Communications & Marketing Office will take professional photos to Early Years and Primary pupils and facilities. Only pupils with image permissions will be photographed.
The photos will be taken for Marketing purposes: school website, social media, advertising, school communications, and other kind of external communications
Open Classrooms: Please note that for safeguarding reasons, no videos or photos to be taken inside the classrooms or in the outside areas.
- Consultation and Engagement Events 2017-2018 – As recently announced by the Headteacher, we are soon to launch an exciting programme of events for the Autumn and Spring Term, which we hope will substantially improve our engagement with the parent community. We will be seeking your opinion and your participation!
In the meantime, please be assured that we are at your disposal for any query, suggestion or complaint at any time. You can contact us through our Parents’ Support Form on the website or send a direct email to the Headteacher, the Head of Sitges campus or the Deputy Head of EY & Primary. For non-teaching-related queries, you can contact Mr Rognoni, Head of Commerce and Community.
- Primary Swimming Lessons – Please remember that this term children will receive swimming lessons as part of their Physical Education. Please ensure that your child brings a swimming costume and a towel on the relevant day. Children should wear their normal school uniform rather than their P.E kit on swimming days, goggles and pool shoes (crocs or flip-flops are ideal).
And in 2 Weeks… Save these Dates!
- Friday, 27th October – Early Years “Castañada” Open Event – at 3.30pm. Early Years parents welcome to celebrate this lovely tradition with us!
- Allergies – Please remember that at BSB have a nut policy as we have pupils with severe allergies. Since our aim is to reduce the presence of nuts in school, may we ask all parents to not allow nuts or products containing nuts (including sesame snacks) in any form into school bags, lunches or snacks. Thank you for your support.
- Glass Containers – Please remember that no student children should bring in any food or drink in glass containers.
- Safe Driving – Please do not attempt to drive around the bollards which block the top of Passeig Acàcies in the mornings or drive on the pavement outside our school as this puts our children at significant risk. These measures are meant to protect our children from traffic as they walk to school. Thank you for your collaboration.
- Safe Riding – Helmets ON! – If your child rides a bike or scooter to and from school, please ensure that s/he acts responsibly (especially on busy main roads), wears a helmet for safety reasons and is visible to other road users.
New this week!
- Headteacher’s Welcome Meeting – October 2017
Other documents also available:
- School Calendar of Events – 2017-2018 Autumn Term
- Parents Portal User’s Guide
- BSB App User’s Guide
- School Uniform Guidelines 2017-2018
- School Menus – October 2017 (including Meriendas)
- Information Meetings Presentations taking place in September 2017 (remember that you will only be able to see those relevant to your child’s Year Group)
Click here to log in.
- Families Transferring from BSB Castelldefels to BSB Sitges: You have to create a new Portal account for the new campus
- Families with students in both campuses: You need an account for each campus
Check our new Parents Portal User’s Guide
For Portal Support, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org