Welcome to The British School of Barcelona Parent App
The British School of Barcelona Parent App is designed to be a one-stop shop for quick and easy access to general information about BSB and messages from school about your child’s Year group.
Through the App you will have quick access to the latest school News, key calendar Events, general Information and Contacts details. We also use it to send important messages and reminders via the Alerts section.
So, whether you are out and about with your phone or at home with access to a tablet, you will always have a quick and convenient way to find key information or simply browse.
We hope you make the most of this School-Parent Communication channel!
How to download the App
You can get the App (for free) if you have an Apple or Android phone and/or tablet. There are two ways:
Click on one of these links and install the App from the relevant app store:
Or visit the Apple App Store or Google Play on your device and search for “The British School of Barcelona”.
You may download the App onto multiple devices but will need to install separately on each one.
How to start
To get the most of your App, please follow the following basic instructions:
1. Click on the More… button on the Home screen. This will display a secondary grey menu on the left-hand side.
2. Go to the Settings page and opt yourself into the groups of interest to you:
- Channels: For alerts and notifications – Select the following Channels (ALL THREE):
– Urgent: Leave “Urgent” alerts always switched on: this is for important messages to the whole school
– Select one of the following:
Castelldefels Early Years / Castelldefels Primary / Castelldefels Secondary / Castelldefels Pre-University
or: Sitges Early Years / Sitges Primary
– Select your child’s Year Group (eg. Castelldefels Reception, or Castelldefels Year 10, or Sitges Year 4…)
If you have more than one children, make sure you select all the stages and year groups for all your children.
- Filters: Select one of the following:
Castelldefels English / Castelldefels Catalan / Castelldefels Spanish
or: Sitges English / Sitges Catalan / Sitges Spanish
If you have children in more than one campus, make sure you select both of them (eg. Castelldefels English AND Sitges English).
It is a good idea to close the App when not in use. This allows content to refresh and you will not miss anything urgent since alert messages will pop up on your phone even when the App is off.
You can find a more detailed guide to navigating the App in the Information tile on the Home screen: “Using the App” information item and on the Parents’ Portal.