Camp Esportiu Municipal Pitort
The British School Barcelona has completed the construction of a 9,000 square metres sports facility adjacent to the BSB Castelldefels campus. Thanks to the BSB’s economic investment towards this project, our students can enjoy the new sports facilities as from the 2019-2020 school year.
The new stadium “Camp Esportiu Municipal Pitort” allows us to upgrade our sports offer for BSB students, which currently includes an indoor gymnasium, a multi-game artificial turf pitch and three outdoor multi-sports courts for PE lessons.
9,000 m2 Sports Facility
Built on land loaned by the Castelldefels Town Hall, the new sports stadium comprises a constructed area of 1,116 square metres and a rugby pitch of 8,000 square metres.
The sports building has the following facilities:
- A 200 m2 multipurpose room (with special flooring for official table tennis competitions)
- An 80 m2 lecture room overlooking the pitch for physical education lessons
- Six changing rooms (for men and women)
- A grandstand to accommodate over 300 spectators
World Rugby Accredited
The 8,000 square metres pitch has been certified by World Rugby. There is only one other accredited rugby pitch in Spain with similar features to those of the new “Camp Esportiu Municipal Pitort”.
The pitch is also marked out for 7 & 11-a-side football games.
Focusing on environmental social responsibility, BSB has opted for sustainable materials and renewable energies in the design and maintenance of the rugby stadium.
- The pitch is made of high-quality artificial grass, which reduces water usage by 90%. Recycled water will be used for field irrigation.
- Below the top grass layer is a layer of recycled rubber crumb designed to minimise the risk of injury among players.
- Rooftop solar panels will be used to heat the hot water supply for use in changing rooms.
School Sports Calendar
The use of “Camp Esportiu Municipal Pitort” is shared between BSB and the Castelldefels Town Hall. BSB students are able to use the facilities on a regular basis during term time and for after-school activities throughout the school year, as well as during established periods on Saturday mornings.
The school and the new sports facilities are connected to provide easy access and ensure the safety of our students.